Every home has windows and doors installed for many reasons to move in and out and for ventilation purpose. Today, you can find many types of them made with several materials. The common material used for making windows and doors is from wood. People have been using wood to make them for many centuries. Indeed, wood has been used since the day humans began to make windows and doors for their shelter places. The main reason why wood is commonly used is that it can be cut and carved in to any shape required. This is the main reason it has been used for this purpose from the beginning of time.
In this article, we will look in to the types of windows and doors made for homes and offices across the world. Every nation has their own style and tradition in making them. This is why people have plenty of options in making windows and doors for their homes. As mentioned above, both of them are used for ventilation and light.
There are many types of windows and doors available in the world today and here are the list of them.
Types of Windows
• Sash Window: This is the most common type used worldwide. They are made in many types such as single hung, double hung and triple hung sash and sliding windows.
• Tilt and Slide: This type is very popular in most of the countries. The operations are tilting and sliding.
• Casement window: This type of window is the side-hung window. They are also called as awning and hopper windows.
• Skylight: This type is made for skylight purpose. These are mostly in slope or flat in shape.
• Painted and Coated: This type of windows either are painted or coated to reduce the heat from the sun. The painted ones can be seen at churches while the painted ones can be seen in buildings.
Types of Doors
• Hinged: The most commonly used type used in every country. This type of door opens to a single side and is not two sides. There is different type of them available in the market today.
• Sliding: This type is mostly used in office spaces across the world. it helps to save room space in the place which is the main reason, it is called as the office doors. They slide along the track. There are also the bypass doors, which has multiple sections.
• Rotating: These are mainly used in commercial places and offices. They are not much used at homes. They have four wings or leaves for people to pass through. These are mostly used in commercial places to display their glamour and prestige.
• Automatic: These are installed with censors in it. Therefore, it opens automatically whenever there is a movement near it.
These are the most common types of windows and doors used in modern buildings and home. The materials used to make them might differ but the purpose remains the same. You can make windows and doors for your home spending few hundred dollars to spending thousands of dollars.